July 10, 2008

One Day

We're down to less than 24 hours!  Tomorrow morning, we go to the hospital for the medically assisted delivery of our son.  This is the first time for us.  What is it like?  What do I need to do to be a good husband in the delivery room?  (Really, I'm just praying that I won't pass out!)  What will the next few weeks be like?  How will the baby respond?  How will Michelle's recovery go?  We're both a little nervous about the procedure and process.  We're both unsure about what it will be like.  But most of all, we're both sure that this is one of the most exciting and anticipated moments of our lives!  I can't imagine what it will be like to hold my son for the first time.  Now that I've started this blog, I even wonder if I'll even remotely be able to communicate the depth of love, joy, and excitement of the next few days... probably not.  But I guess that's really ok.

I wonder what my prayers will be like.  For the past nine months, it has been "God, there is nothing I can do, but trust You.  I have no control, but I trust that You do."  I wonder how much that prayer will change.  I also wonder how much that prayer will continue to be the same.

All I know is that tomorrow is a big day.  Tomorrow is my son's birth day!

No comments: